I wanted to write a post like this because it is something I have personally gone through and still going through which is finding motivation in this “new normal”. Let me explain myself a bit better, like thousands of people, because of quarantine I do not have a job, I went from being a 23 year-old that lived in another country independently, paying my own bills & traveling as often as I could to going back home to Barcelona, being jobless and dependent on my parents after a few years of not having to, it was a huge shock. I can’t even imagine what entire families are currently going through.
Either way, I did find myself being hopeless and negative, just having an outlook of life that was pretty depressing. I am pretty sure I am not the only one. I got tired of feeling sorry for myself so I decided to do something about it, and that is why I am going to share with you in today’s post, how I find motivation after quarantine during a global pandemic. Never thought I would have to write a post like this if I am being honest.
- Use your time for something useful. If you find yourself in the same situation as me, jobless and with all the time in the world in your hands, do something with it! Feeling like I have something to do and I am busy motivates me to keep finding other things to do, it is like a little chain, once you start doing things, you want to do more. Start that blog or Youtube channel you have always wanted to start, learn a new language, start reading that book you wanted to read for ever but never did. Try to use this time to improve, in which ever way, personally or professionally.
- Organize. If you have no clue what you want to do with your life or what direction you want to take, start by figuring that out. I personally know I am currently on the hunt for a new job so I have this goal to work towards. This may mean I need to take certain steps towards it, but I do have clear what I want. Make sure you have a clear vision of your future plans.
- To do lists. Every time I write one of this posts I know I eventually put the “to do lists” as something helpful but they seriously help me a lot. As I have just mentioned, one of my goals is to find a job, so there are certain things I want to get done every single day in order to accomplish that. From rewriting my CV, to writing cover letters, looking out for offers, contacting different businesses… there are plenty of things to do so make sure you write down so you don’t forget anything. These lists can be either daily, weekly or monthly, whatever works best for you. You can find my daily, weekly and monthly lists down below, you can download them for free!
- Positive mindset. Going through a global pandemic, I am well aware keeping yourself happy and positive 24/7 is a bit hard but try to see the bright side of things. I found myself being extremely negative and a bit hopeless for a while but did that help me achieve things? nope. That is why I decided to turn things around, because things won’t happen by themselves, you got to put your input. Also, do not compare to other people or where they are at in their life right now. The current situation is really hard so do not fool yourself looking up at people that are posting their amazing life on social media… we all post the best, no one really knows what’s going on behind closed doors.
- Count your achievements. When I had (and still have let’s be honest) my low points, I had to be reminded that I was not that stupid. Something I did and still do when I am feeling a bit low or unmotivated is writing down all the achievements I have accomplished in my life. This let’s me see what I am capable of and how much I can do, it is truly a confidence and motivation boost.
As I have mentioned earlier, in order to get myself motivated, I need to see I am being organized and I am working towards something so I always make sure I fill in my daily, weekly & monthly planner. I have some templates made so I thought I would upload them here so you can download them if needed and you can start using them!
Let me know in the comments or through social media if you use them and are helpful! 🙂 You can follow my Instagram for daily posts and blog sneak peaks. Also make sure to follow my blog to be notified every time I new post comes out!