I never thought I would be writing about things to do while being on a lockdown. Not the first topic that comes through my head but what can I say, the circumstances are screaming for a post like this. In case you have been living under a rock, the Coronavirus hysteria continues. With more than 105 countries with infected active cases, some countries such as Italy, Czech Republic and possibly Spain are on lockdown. No one is allowed to go in or out of the country and it is recommended to stay at home in order to not catch or spread the COVID-19.
You are probably wondering why I have chosen this airplane sunset I took on my flight going home for this specific post, and it is simply because it may be the last sunset I see on the sky in a long time unfortunately.
Of course I was not extremely excited about having to stay at home as I am a person that can’t stay in the same city for too long as I get bored and I need to constantly travel and explore new places, imagine being lockdown in the same place for days or even weeks. Lockdown is my personal nightmare. My flights for near trips have been cancelled, some are still going but I am well aware I won’t be able to use them and eventually loose all my money so of course I had to come up with things to do while the lockdown is going just for my own sanity.
I thought it would be great to share because most people are currently or will be in this situation rather sooner than later so we can all give each other some ideas in order to overcome boredom.
- In case of having a blog, put all your time and energy in new topics and posts your readers are going to read. Everyone is in the same situation this time so it may be a good opportunity for us bloggers to extend our reader reach. People won’t have much more to do so odds are most people will spend a lot of time online.
- Clean ups. I have decided I will be deep cleaning my closet. I have far too many clothes, and let’s be real, I do not wear half of them. Having all this time in my hands is a great way of finally getting rid of excuses and getting down to business. MY CLOSET WILL BE CLEANED.
- Binge watch your favorite TV shows or movies. You have nothing else to do so I mean, why not? You can bet I will watch all the Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings & the Hobbit movies in order.
- For all my fellow musicians out there, COMPOSE. Free style, compose, play your favorite pieces… experiment with your instrument, why not? You may find out you are great at different things and you didn’t even know because you never tried!
- Organize your life. I am taking this time to reorganize my whole entire room, from my clothes to my drawers, rearranging all my decor… now you have plenty of time to do whatever you want. You can also take your planner and try to schedule different things you want to get done, the options are endless, now there is no excuse of being “busy” for not getting something done.
- Exercise from home. Who says you can only exercise at the gym? Get some Youtube videos going and do your usual workout at home. That we are on lockdown doesn’t mean you can’t stay fit!
- Dance. That you can’t go to the club doesn’t mean you can’t bring the club home. Get some music going and dance until you can’t anymore. Get FaceTime going and have a party from the distance with your friends, I mean why not?
- Take this opportunity to read. You know that book you ought ages ago and haven’t evens started it yet? Yeah well, go grab it and start. You have all the time in the world now.
- Treat yourself. Do a spa day, get your nails done: manicure & pedicure, do a face mask… get a little spa day at home.
- Spend time with your loved ones. It is not everyday we can spend so much time with our family so now make sure you appreciate them. They may drive you a bit insane sometimes but at the end of the day, you love them like crazy, take the time to talk to them and truly enjoy each other’s company.