As I see Barcelona posts are pretty popular and I am seeing you like reading them, I thought I would share with you my Top 5 Experiences you should have if you are planning to come to Barcelona. Of course if it is your first time and you are staying for a few days, maybe you’d be more interested in more touristy aspects of the city so you can check another of my posts when I talk about more touristy and must sees of the city here.
If you have already been in the city before and want to see or experience different things, then this is the post for you! Every thing I mention on this post, I have personally done it, so if you have any questions just let me know in the comments down below.
- Sunset in el “Parc Güell”. I feel like if you decide to Barcelona, el “Parc Güell” is already going to be on your list of what to see. What people don’t know is how stunning a sunset can be from there. Just be aware of the sunset time whenever you plan on going and buy advanced tickets so you don’t miss it. Believe me when I say it is stunning to see how the sun goes down while having the beautiful city of Barcelona at your feet.
- Gaudí tour. Gaudí & Modernism is definitely you need to take a look at whenever you are visiting the city. There are plenty of tours that evolve about this topic and this excellent architect (some are free & some aren’t). They bring you to the most important places such as la Casa Batlló, la Pedrera or la Sagrada Família. This tours are a great way to see some of the most important buildings, and there are options for every price point.
- Montserrat. It is a monastery situated on top of a mountain about an hour away from Barcelona. The beauty of this place is not only the monastery itself, but also the natural beauty surrounding it. There are a few tours from Barcelona to Montserrat, but you can also head by train or by car. It is absolutely worth it if you love the outdoors and walking, as there are also a few walks you can do in there. You can buy artisan items like chocolate and cheese that the monks have done themselves or listen to the famous boy choir on specific dates.
- Day trip to Girona. Girona is one of my favourite cities. It is small but incredibly magical. If you are a Game of Thrones fan, you will probably recognise some buildings as the city is featured in the TV Show. If you don’t like Game of Thrones, you will enjoy it anyway. From the Jewish Quarter to the Medieval Walls… Girona is full of history and it is truly magical. I love getting lost in the little streets and bumping into something new every time I visit.
- Vineyard Tour. Torres is one of the most famous wine & cava brands in Catalonia. Although they have two different sites, I recommend you visiting the one in el Penedès. You can go and have a wine tasting, a tour of the vineyard and even a gourmet experience with a food and wine pairing. For all the foodies and wine lovers out there, this is an incredible experience.